Thursday, February 4, 2010

Class 2

I had a much better experience working with the dough yesterday than I did last class; looking at how the pieces I made on Monday turned out helped me to focus my efforts immediately. I had made a dough ball in which I stuck little pieces of blue glass, and then stretched a thin layer of dough over it. When baked, the dough ball looked like a blueberry muffin top. And although these results weren't particularly impressive, seeing the piece made me realize that I was interested in exploring the translucency of stretched-out dough a little more. I was much happier with the knives that I made in class on Wednesday than with anything I made on Monday, even though I couldn't bake them. I also enjoyed getting to know my peers a little more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.