Friday, February 19, 2010
Faculty Club Lunch
Oops. I haven't posted in a while! But I'm going to catch up today. The lunch we all shared at the Faculty Club was great. Not only was the food delicious, but the conversation was also stimulating. I sincerely enjoyed being taken through the Bilt website by Alex, Pete, and Miles, and getting a firsthand explanation of the furniture they have built together. I additionally enjoyed seeing Richard's work, although I do wish he would have finished the slideshow - I always find the different processes and approaches that disparate artists take with respect to their work to be fascinating. Finally, I just wanted to briefly reiterate some of the thoughts I had about our conversation about the class. I agree with some of the opinions expressed that working on a large-scale, open-ended collaborative project too soon would probably turn out to be a negative, rather than positive and inspiring, experience. I think it would be best for all of us to get a feel for the materials we enjoy working with most, and also to learn more about each other before we embark on such an ambitious project. Additionally, materials that I would like to explore further within the context of the class include video, sound, and FABRIC, as well as any exceptionally bizarre materials suggested by other students.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.